Chartered Accountancy - Opportunities Galore!
It is no secret that the Indian economy is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Having grown as high as 9% in the mid-2000s, the economy has slowed down a bit in the last few years, but all indicators suggest that India is set to grow rapidly once again, over the coming years. By some statistics, India could be 40 times bigger by the year 2050. Can you imagine that? As an offshoot of this, there will be lots of opportunities, and many challenges too.
This massive growth is going to bring with it a significant demand for well-trained professionals, including chartered accountants, who play an important and influential role not only by being the backbone of organisations in finance and accounting but also as business advisors, strategists and forefront administrators.
The opportunities for chartered accountants are boundless. Take a look at the website of any Big 4 firm, and you perhaps will be overwhelmed by the number and diversity of services offerings and specialisations that you can consider. Here are just a few:
- Transactions, valuation and restructuring - for M&A and private equity investment.
- Tax services - domestic, international and transaction related.
- Forensic accounting and dispute services - fraud investigations, fraud prevention, business disputes and litigation support.
- Advisory - risk advisory, information technology, performance improvement.
- Speciality services - wealthy families, market specific services such as Japan and China markets, environmental studies.